Present simple present continuous упражнения 5 класс
Упражнения на отработку времен Present Simple и Present Continuous (Progressive)
Предлагаю вам подборку упражнений на корректное использование времен Present Simple и Present Continuous (Progressive). Упражнения весьма разноплановые – от очень простых до более сложных – и предлагаются с ответами. Надеюсь, подборка окажется полезной.
Упражнение 1. Вставьте подходящие глаголы в форме Present Simple или Present Continuous.
It’s 7.30am. Suzanne Wells is in her kitchen at home. She (1) ________ breakfast. She (2) _______ breakfast at this time every morning. She (3) ___________ home at 8.30am every day and (4) __________ to work. Suzanne is a teacher. She (5) ___________at a school in Canberra.
It’s 10.00 am now and Suzanne is at school. At the moment she (6) ________her class of 8-year-old children. All the children in her class (7) ________ from Canberra. Many of the children (8) ______ English at home. So Suzanne (9) ______ a lot of time teaching English. She (10) _________English to the class now.
Упражнение 2. Постройте вопросы, используя времена Present Simple или Present Continuous. Дайте ответы.
1 you | often | wear | jeans?
2 you | wear | jeans now?
3 it | rain | now?
4 it | often | rain | in your country?
5 you | study | English every day?
6 you | study | English at the moment?
Упражнение 3. Используя информацию из предыдущего упражнения составьте шесть предложений о себе, используя Present Simple или Present Continuous.
Example: 1. I often wear jeans. or I don’t often wear jeans.
Упражнение 4. Используйте глаголы в скобках в форме Present Continuous или Present Simple
- I __________English exercises twice a week. (to write)
- My friend ________ his homework in the afternoon as a rule. (to do)
- My sister __________ her homework now. (to do)
- Don’t shout! The baby _________ . (to sleep)
- The baby always___________ after dinner. (to sleep)
- What_______ you _________ now? (to read)
- What books_______ you_______for your literature lessons? (to read)
- What _________your mother usually________ for lunch? (to cook)
- ________ she __________a cake now? (to cook)
- — _____________ (You, to see) that man over there? — Which man? The man in the brown jacket? — No, I___________ (to talk) about the man who __________(to wear) the blue shirt. — Oh, that man!— ____________ (You, to know) him? — No, I _____________( not to think) so. — I ___________(to know, not) him either.
Упражнениe 5. Используйте глаголы в скобках в форме Present Continuous или Present Simple
- My wife normally __________ (work) at home, but she __________ (spend) this month in Italy.
- Most days, Tom usually__________ (cycle) to work.
- When________ the lesson __________ (start) today?
- What’s your brother doing? He __________ (do) the crossword in the newspaper He __________ (do) it every day.
- I’m afraid I’ll lose this game of chess. I__________ (play) very badly. I usually ______much better (play).
- What’s she doing? — She __________ (mend) her husband’s socks. She always__________ them. (mend)
- Yes, you can borrow my dictionary. I __________ (use) it a lot, but I __________ (not / use) it now.
- We __________ (not travel) by train very often.
- She ______________ (be) particularly generous this week.
- It _____________ (snow) right now. It’s beautiful! I ____________ (like) this weather.
Упражнениe 6. Используйте глаголы в скобках в форме Present Continuous или Present Simple
- The river___________ (flow) very fast today — faster than usual.
- You ___________ (always to complain) that waiters are rude!
- I ___________ (walk) to school every day. I ___________ (take, not) the bus.
- You ___________ (always to borrow) money!
- That’s worrying because the number of people without job___________ (increase).
- Robert is a vegetarian. He ___________ (eat, not) meat.
- ___________ (you, cook) your own dinner every day?
- Holidays abroad ___________ (become) increasingly popular.
- Are you in a hurry? — No, I ___________ (walk) quickly because I’m cold.
- Where’s your father? — He ___________ (be) in the bathroom. He ___________ (shave).
- The neighbours forever___________ (slam) doors and___________ (shout) during the night.
- My sister ___________ (to take) part in the competitions almost every weekend.
1. is having, 2 has, 3 leaves, 4 drives, 5 teaches, 6 is teaching, 7 come, 8 don’t speak, 9 spends, 10 is teaching
1. write, 2 does, 3 is doing, 4 is sleeping, 5 sleeps, 6 are you reading, 7 do you read, 8 does…cook, 9 is she cooking, 10 do you see / am talking / is wearing /do you know / don’t think /don’t know
1. works /is spending, 2 cycles, 3 does the lesson start, 4 is doing /does, 5 am playing / play, 6 is mending/mends, 7 use /am not using, 8 don’t travel, 9 is being , 10 is snowing /like
1 is flowing, 2 are always complaining, 3 walk / don’t take, 4 are always borrowing, 5 is increasing, 6 doesn’t eat, 7 do you cook, 8 are becoming, 9 am walking, 10 is /is shaving, 11 are forever slamming and shouting, 12 takes
Возможно, вам будут полезны следующие статьи:
Понравилось? Сохраните на будущее и поделитесь с друзьями!
44 Комментариев для «Упражнения на отработку времен Present Simple и Present Continuous (Progressive)»
Скажите,в 5 упражнении,а разве можно говорить being? глагол to be же не используется в длительных временах,или я упустила что-то,поясните,please.
Да, в данном контексте используется being. Глагол to be, как и глаголы have, smell, sound и пр. могут быть action и stative. Be в значении «быть» в continuous не употребляется, а be в значении «behave» — употребляется. Сравните:
Peter is difficult person to get on with. (His character is difficult)
Jane is being particularly generous this week. (She is behaving generously)
А 2 и 3 задание?Ответов нет.
там просто возможны варианты ответов во втором и полностью собственные ответы подразумеваются в третьем. Присылайте Ваш вариант в комментариях, я проверю
Present Simple или Present Continuous (уровни 1,2,3). Упражнения
Эти упражнения из цикла «Грамматика английского языка для начинающих. Времена английского глагола» помогут вам научиться различать Present Simple и Present Continuous на практике. Они делятся на три уровня изучения:
Грамматика английского языка для начинающих. Времена
Present Simple или Present Continuous. Упражнения (уровень I)
Present Simple — every day, once a week, … продолжите сами? Повторить подсказки на Present Simple
ВНИМАНИЕ! Эти подсказки работают только в настоящем времени (когда глагол-действие отвечает на вопрос: Что делает предмет?)
today — сегодня днем
tonight — сегодня вечером
Упражнение 1. Выберите из скобок нужную форму. Объясните сделанный выбор.
1. It sometimes (snows/is snowing) here in April. 2. It (snows/is snowing) now. 3. Every morning mother (cooks/is cooking) breakfast for us. 4. It is 8 o’clock now. Mother (cooks/ is cooking) breakfast. 5. Every day father (leaves/is leaving) the house at half past eight. 6. Now it is half past eight. Father (leaves/is leaving) the house. 7. We often (watch/are watching) TV. 8. Now we (sit/ are sitting) in armchairs and (watch/are watching) TV. 9. Sometimes Mike (does/is doing) his lessons in the evening. 10. Look at Mike. He (does/is doing) his lessons. 11. It often (rains/is raining) in September. 12. It (rains/is raining) now. 13. Every day the family (has/is having) tea at 5 o’clock. 14. It is 5 o’clock now. The family (has/is having) tea.
Упражнение 2. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в нужном времени и в нужной форме.
1. Не often (go) to the cinema. 2. They (watch) TV at the moment. 3. She (write) letters to her mother every week. 4. Nina usually (drive) to work. 5. Father (sit) on the sofa now. 6. Listen. The telephone (ring). 7. Tim (study) a new language every year. 8. We always (spend) the summer in York. 9. In summer we usually (go) to the seaside. 10. Look at Tom. He (ride) a horse. 11. He often (watch) birds in autumn. 12. Don’t ask me now. I (write) an exercise. 13. She usually (watch) television in the evening. 14. I (play) the piano every day.
Упражнение 3. Заполните пропуски, используя don’t, doesn’t, isn’t, aren’t или am not.
1. We … watching a television programme now. 2. We … watch television every day. 3. It… raining very hard at the moment. 4. I … hear you well. 5. It… rain very much in summer. 6. Mr Johnson … eating his lunch now. 7. Mr Johnson … always eat at that cafe. 8. I… see any students in that room. 9. They … like milk for lunch. 10. He … have money for a new car.
Упражнение 4. Начните вопросы с do, does, is, are или am.
1. … you learn new words in each lesson?
2. … you learning the new words right now?
3. … she usually sit at the third desk?
4. … she sitting at the third desk today?
5. … you read many books every year?
6. … you reading an interesting book now?
Упражнение 5. Найдите ошибки и исправьте их.
1.We not going to school today. 2. What you doing after school? 3. At the moment Peter is work in Russia. 4. Does he got a new car? 5. He never wear a hat. 6. He don’t like black coffee. 7. We are have a good time. 8. What you doing now? 9. It rains at the moment. 10. How you like the game?
Present Simple или Present Continuous. Упражнения
Упражнение 6. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, в нужном времени.
1. My brother (talk) to Tom now. 2. Не (work) hard every day. 3. That girl (speak) English very well. 4. My friend (enjoy) hamburgers very much. 5. John and Frank (write) letters at this moment. 6. The children (sleep) for two hours every afternoon. 7. It (rain) very much in autumn. 8. Miss Peters (talk) to Mr Johnson right now. 9. We (do) Exercise 13. 10. My mother (cook) very well.
Упражнение 7. Найдите ошибки и исправьте их.
1. Where your sister work? 2. I’m go to the cinema tonight. 3. How much you sleep? 4. We no wear a uniform at school. 5. That’s my brother over there. He stands near the window. 6. Claire not like oranges. 7. Sorry. You can’t speak to Jane. She’s sleep. 8. My friend live in Great Britain. 9. Peter’s a businessman. He’s working all over the world.
Упражнение 8. Переведите на английский язык.
1. Я люблю апельсиновый сок. Я всегда пью его по утрам.
2. — Что ты сейчас пьешь? — Я пью апельсиновый сок.
3. — Том, куда ты идешь? — Я иду в библиотеку. — Я всегда хожу в библиотеку по субботам.
4. — Где Джек? — Он играет в саду.
5. Джек хорошо играет в теннис.
Упражнение 9. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Simple или Present Continuous.
1. Elephants (not/eat) meat. 2. He (go) to the cinema once a week. 3. He (not/watch) always a good film. 4. Uncle George always (come) to dinner on Sundays. 5. He (not/work) on Sundays, of course. 6. Look! A big white bird (sit) in our garden.
Упражнение 10. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в Present Simple или Present Continuous.
1. —What you (do) here? —I (wait) for a friend. 2. —He (speak) French? —Yes, he (speak) French well. 3. Someone (knock) at the door. 4. Don’t go into the classroom. The students (write) a dictation there. 5. The man who (read) a book is our English teacher. 6. Let’s go for a walk. It (not/rain). 7. — Where is Joe? — He (look for) his key. 8. Don’t disturb Ed. He (do) his homework. 9. We usually (watch) TV One but tonight we (watch) TV Two for a change. 10.—What’s that noise? —Sam (play) ball.
Present Simple или Present Continuous. Упражнения
- love — любить
- hate — ненавидеть
- like — нравиться
- need — нуждаться
- see — видеть
- hear — слышать
- know — знать
- remember — помнить
- understand — понимать
Упражнение 11. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, в нужном времени (в Present Simple или Present Continuous.)
1. Give Ben lots of apples. He (like) them. 2. It’s quiet because the children (stay) with their grandmother. 3. I’m sorry, he can’t come to phone. He (cook) dinner. 4. — You (hear) anything? — I (listen) hard, but I (hear) nothing. 5. They (need) money to buy a car.
Упражнение 12. Начните вопросы с do, does, is, are или am.
- …. you listening to me?
- . … you hear me well?
- … this lesson very difficult to you?
- … you remember the title of that book?
- … you understand all of the words very well?
Упражнение 13. Найдите ошибки и исправьте их.
1. She speak French very well. 2. I’m taking my umbrella because is raining. 3. I am hating hot milk. 4. Are you understanding this rule now? 5. I am liking tea. 6. He is speaking three languages. 7. I’m so dirty. I am need a bath now. 8. He is having a flat in the center. 9. Peter is in the kitchen. He cooks breakfast for the family.
Упражнение 14. Переведите на английский язык.
- На завтрак я ем кашу. Но я не люблю кашу.
- Том играет в футбол каждое воскресенье.
- Торопись, автобус идет.
- Мы живем в Москве.
- Семья Смитов сейчас проживает в гостинице.
Упражнение 15. Переведите на английский язык.
- Я учу английский язык.
- Я читаю книгу. (Не мешай мне.)
- Я чищу зубы каждое утро.
- Что делаешь? — Я рисую.
- Я вас не понимаю.
- Мой брат ждет меня внизу.
- Кто плачет? — Моя сестра плачет.
- Джейн хорошо поет. Слышишь? Она поет сейчас.
- Кто-то идет сюда. Я слышу шаги (it).
- Где ты покупаешь хлеб?
Упражнение 16. Переведите на английский язык.
1. — Где Вадим? — Он играет в теннис. 2. — Он хорошо играет в теннис? — Нет, он играет в теннис плохо. 3. Я не знаю человека, который (who) разговаривает с моей мамой. 4. Я часто разговариваю с моим другом о нашей поездке. 5. Андрей поет очень хорошо. 6. Слушайте. Кто-то поет в соседней комнате. 7. Он не видит, что я на него смотрю. Он читает книгу. 8. Позвоните ему сейчас. Я думаю, что он не спит. 9. Посмотрите на человека, который стоит у окна. Это мой учитель английского языка. 10. Джон на улице (outside). Он моет машину.
Итак, подведем итоги. Вы изучили на базовом уровне два часто употребляемых времени в английском языке (Present Simple и Present Continuous) и выполнили достаточное количество упражнений для их закрепления. На этом изучение грамматики английского языка не заканчивается. Далее осталось изучить еще два времени — Past Simple (прошедшее простое) и Future Simple (будущее простое) и с временами пока закончим. Далее вас ждут другие разделы из цикла « Грамматика английского языка для начинающих» уровень (beginner)
Блог для творческих учителей английского языка
29 апр. 2010 г.
Упражнения на тему «Present Simple/Present Continuous»
Данные упражнения могут быть использованы для проверки и закрепления знаний учеников о применении времён Present Simple и Present Continuous в предложениях, умения их различать.
Я использовала эти упражнения в 6 классе, но, я думаю, они подойдут и для детей другого возраста. Всё зависит от уровня знаний учеников.
№1. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Simple.
1. I (to run) run very fast.
2. He (to run) . very fast too.
3. We often (to sleep) . in the garden.
4. Her sister (to leave) …….. .. home early.
5. Sally (to open) . the window in her room when she is hot.
6. Mr. Bay often (to go) . to the cinema with his son.
7. My Mammy (to swim) . very well.
8. We (to swim) . well too.
№2. Вставьте is / am / are / do / don’t / does / doesn’t.
1. Our grandma doesn ‘t live with us. She has her own little house.
2. What time . you usually wake up?
3. Why . they looking at us?
4. I can’t talk to you now. I . working.
5. . your brother shave every morning?
6. We . want to move at all.
7. Sam . a good football player, but he . play very often.
8. . the sun shining? No, it . not.
№3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous.
1. Не (to read) . a book now.
2. She (to do) . her home work.
3. My mother (to sit) . at the table now.
4. I still (to write) . a letter.
5. They (to play) . football.
6. It (to snow) . now.
7. We (to have) . dinner now.
8. It still (to rain). .
9. Why . you (to talk)?
10. The girl (to draw). a picture at the moment.
№4. Поставьте данные предложения в отрицательной и вопросительной формах.
1. Mary is sleeping.
2. You are listening to the radio.
3. I am studying.
4. You are eating now.
5. We are drinking coffee at the moment.
№5. Поставьте глаголы в Present Continuous или Present Indefinite.
1. Don’t put your coat on. The sun (to shine) is shining .
2. In summer the sun (to shine). brightly.
3. Run downstairs. Your sister (to wait for) . you.
4. I usually (to wait for). Tom. He is always late.
5. We (to have) . coffee every morning.
6. I like tea, but now I (to have). coffee.
7. Mary (to play) . the piano every evening.
8. Where is John? — He (to play). the piano.
9. Our boys usually (to play). football in the yard.
10. Call them. They (to play). football in the yard.
11. My aunt (not to make). cakes on Mondays, but she (to make). one now.
12. Ann usually (to make). doll dresses herself.
13. She is in the kitchen. She (to make). tea for us.
14. What . (you / to look at)? – I (to look at). that tree in the garden. I (to like). to look at it early in the morning.
15. I am busy. I (to make). my bed.
16. I always (to make). my bed before breakfast.
№6. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous или в Present Simple.
1. I (to rest). now. I (to rest). every day.
2. They (to talk). now. They (to talk). every day.
3. He (to drink). coffee now. He (to drink). coffee every morning.
4.She (to go). to school now. She (to go). to school every day.
5. They . (to have) dinner now? They always . (to have) dinner at two o’clock?
6. What . she (to write) now? What . she (to write) every evening?
7. What he . (to do) now? What he . (to do) every Sunday?
8.What they . (to eat) now? What they . (to eat) at dinner?
2. He runs very fast too.
3. We often sleep in the garden.
4. Her sister leaves home early.
5. Sally opens the window in her room when she is hot.
6 Mr. Bay often goes to the cinema with his son.
7. My Mammy swims very well.
8. We swim well too.
2. What time do you usually wake up?
3. Why are they looking at us?
4. I can’t talk to you now. I am working.
5. Does your brother shave every morning?
6. We don’t want to move at all.
7. Sam is a good football player, but he doesn’t play very often.
8. Is the sun shining? No, it is not.
1. Не is reading a book now.
2. She is doing her home work.
3. My mother is sitting at the table now.
4. I am still writing a letter.
5. They are playing football.
6. It is snowing now.
7. We are having dinner now.
8. It is still raining.
9. Why are you talking?
10. The girl is drawing a picture at the moment.
1. Mary is not sleeping. (Mary isn’t sleeping). Is Mary sleeping?
2. You are not listening to the radio. (You aren’t listening to the radio). Are you listening to the radio?
3. I am not studying. (I’m not studying). Am I studying?
4. You are not eating now. (You aren’t eating now). Are you eating now?
5. We are not drinking coffee at the moment. (We aren’t drinking coffee at the moment). Are we drinking coffee at the moment?
2. In summer the sun shines brightly.
3. Run downstairs. Your sister is waiting for you.
4. I usually wait for Tom. He is always late.
5. We have coffee every morning.
6. I like tea, but now I am having coffee.
7. Mary plays the piano every evening.
8. Where is John? — He is playing the piano.
9. Our boys usually play football in the yard.
10. Call them. They are playing football in the yard.
11. My aunt doesn’t make cakes on Mondays, but she is making one now.
12. Ann usually makes doll dresses herself.
13. She is in the kitchen. She is making tea for us.
14. What are you looking at? – I am looking at that tree in the garden. I like to look at it early in the morning.
15. I am busy. I am making my bed.
16. I always make my bed before breakfast.
1. I am resting now. I rest every day.
2. They are talking now. They talk every day.
3. He is drinking coffee now. He drinks coffee every morning.
4.She is going to school now. She goes to school every day.
5. Are they having dinner now? Do they always have dinner at two o’clock?
6. What is she writing now? What does she write every evening?
7. What is he doing now? What does he do every Sunday?
8.What are they eating now? What do they eat at dinner?
Present simple or present continuous Упражнения по грамматике
Complete the sentences
1. María __ (work) for a TV station.
2. At the moment she __ (travel) in the Sahara Desert.
3. Dan __ (love) wild animals.
4. He __ (not visit) Alaska at the moment.
5. Marta __ (not live) in Africa.
6. She __ (stay) in Africa at the moment.
7. Dad usually __ (cook) dinner.
8. My parents __ (go) to Italy every year.
9. My sister __ (walk) to school every day.
10. We __ (have) lunch now.
11. I never __ (stay in) on Saturday evening.
12. I __ (go) to the cinema now.
13. My mum __ (not work) today.
14. Peter __ (not like) rap music.
15. He __ (listen) to pop music at the moment.
16. Donna usually __ (go) shopping on Saturdays.
17. Let´s go out. It __ (not rain) now.
18. Hurry up! Everybody __ (wait) for you!
19. The sun __ (rise) in the east.
20. Water __ (boil) at 100 degrees.
21. The water __ (boil). Can you turn it off?
22. I must go now. It __ (get) late.
23. I usually __ (go) to work by car.
24. It __ (not rain) very much in the summer.
25. The moon __ (go) round the earth.
1. Who is that man? What ___ he ___ (want)?
2. Who is that man? Why ___ he ___ (look) at us?
3. ___ you _____ (believe) in God?
4. Gilbert says he is 80, but nobody ___ (believe) him.
5. Every Monday Maite ___ (drive) her kids to football practice.
6. Be quiet. Arturo ___ (sleep).
7. Don´t forget to take your umbrella. It ___ (rain).
8. I don´t like living in England. It always ___ (rain).
9. Look!. It ___ (snow). We are going to have a white Christmas.
10. Maila ___ (watch) TV every morning.
11. I have to go now. It ___ (get) dark
12. Right now I ___ (spend) time with my father.
13.We usually ___ (go) to the gym on Mondays.
14. She ___ (talk) to Pete at the moment.
15. He ___ (look) good in jeans.
16. She ___ (wear) a dress today.
17. We ___ (drive) on the left in England.
18. I ___ (not want) to go to the Cinema.
19. We ___ (go) dancing every weekend.
20. I ___ (take) a pill every day.
21. He ___ (speak) Dutch and Italian.
22. We always ___ (stay) at the Village.
23. I ___ (need) to see the doctor.
24. Ray ___ (drink) very much coffee.
25. I ___ (not feel) very well.
1. I __ (play) cricket right now.
2. I __ (play) cricket on Saturdays.
3. Silvia __ (cook) in the kitchen now.
4. Silvia __ (cook) for her father on Sundays.
5. Maila __ (like) Chinese food.
6. Keep silent, Manolo __ (read) a book.
7. Erik __ (love) María.
8. Ann __ (jog) in the park today.
9. George __ (want) to go outside.
10. Barbara __ (eat) chicken wings at the moment.
11. What __ you __ (do)? I´m sleeping.
12. How many languages __ you __ (speak)?
13. I __ (not like) politics.
14. What __ you __ (do) at the moment?
15. Where __ you __ (live)?
16. I __ (want) to be a millionaire.
17. Nacho __ (not wear) a tie today.
18. Jesus is in Amsterdam this week. He __ (stay) at the Hilton.
19. Look! Miguel __ (jump) into the water.
20. Lili is rich, she __ (drive) a Mercedes.
21. Once a week, I __ (go) to my yoga lessons.
22. I __ (think) you´re amazing.
23. Bea sometimes __ (read) comics.
24. We never __ (watch) TV in the morning.
25. Listen! Blanca __ (sing) in the bathroom.
1. Look! The boys __ (come) home.
2. Every day Ayla __ (go) for a walk.
3. Sofía usually __ (help) in the kitchen.
4. Bob __ (make) breakfast now.
5. I __ (chat) with my sister at the moment.
6. It never __ (rain) in Valencia.
7. Don´t bother me now. I __ (work).
8. They ___ (swim) at the moment.
9. I ___ (play) chess with my friend.
10. Look! He __ (leave) the house.
11. Quiet please! I __ (write) a letter.
12. I __ (not do) anything at the moment.
13. __ he __ (watch) the news regularly.
14. I __ (work) as an accountant.
15. Eli __ (work) eight hours a day.
16. I __ (know) him very well.
17. My wife __ (have) coffee at the moment.
18. __ you __ (meet) your friend now?
19. Sandra __ (work) on her project at the moment.
20. __ Milie __ (work) in a restaurant?
21. He __ (wear) a T-shirt and shorts today.
22. Carlos __ (like) fruits and vegetables.
23. Cristina __ (have) long blond hair.
24. What´s that noise? Someone __ (play) the piano.
25. She often __ (talk) to herself.
1. Every Monday, Sally (drive) __ her kids to football practice.
2. Usually, I (work) __ as a secretary at ABT, but this summer I (study) __ French at a language school in Paris. That is why I am in Paris.
3. Shhhhh! Be quiet! John (sleep) __.
4. Don’t forget to take your umbrella. It (rain) __.
5. I hate living in Seattle because it (rain, always) __.
6. I’m sorry I can’t hear what you (say) __ because everybody (talk) __ so loudly.
7. Justin (write, currently) __ a book about his adventures in Tibet. I hope he can find a good publisher when he is finished.
8. Jim: Do you want to come over for dinner tonight?
Denise: Oh, I’m sorry, I can’t. I (go) __ to a movie tonight with some friends.
9. The business cards (be, normally ) __ printed by a company in Kiev. Their prices (be) __ inexpensive, yet the quality of their work is quite good.
10. This delicious chocolate (be) __ made by a small chocolatier in Ukraine.
Упражнения на сравнение времен Present Simple, Present Continuous
Present Simple, Present Continuous
1. I . a pupil. 2. My father . not a teacher, he . a scientist. 3. . your aunt a doctor? — Yes, she . . 4. . they at home? — — No, they . not at borne, they . at work. 5. My brother . a worker. He . at work. 6. . you an engineer? — — Yes, I . 7. . your sister a typist? No, she . not a typist, she . a student. 8. . your brother at school? — — Yes, he . . 9. . your sister at school? — No, she . not at school. 10. My . sister . at home.
Ex . 2. Use the verbs in an appropriate tense Present Continuous or Present Simple.
I (to read) books in the evening. 2. He (not to help) his mother every day 3. I (to write) an exercise now. 4. I (not to write) a letter now. 5. They (to play) in the yard now. 6. They (not to play) in the street now. 7. They (to play) in the room now? 8. He (to help) his mother every day. 9. He (to help) his mother every day? 10. . I (not to read) books in the morning. 11. You (to go) to school on Sunday? 12. My father (not to work) on Sunday. 21. He (to work) every day. 14. He (to sleep) now? 15. We (not to go) to the country in winter. 16. My sister (to eat) sweets every day. 17. She (not to eat) sweets now. 18. They (to do) their homework in the afternoon. 19. They (not to go) for a walk in the evening. 20. My friend (not to like) to play football. 13. 1 (not to read) now.
Ex . 3. Use Present Continuous or Present Simple in the following sentences.
1.They (to read) many books. 2. They (to read) many books? 3. They (not to read) many books. 4. The children (to eat) soup now. 5. The children (to eat) soup now? 6. The children (not to eat) soup now. 7. You (to play) volley-ball well? 8. When you (to play) volley-ball? 9. What Nick (to do) in the evening? 10. He (to go) to the cinema in the evening? 11. We (not to dance) every day. 12. Look! Kate (to dance). 13. Kate (to sing) well? 14. Where he (to go) in the morning? 15. He (not to sleep) after dinner.
Ex. 4. Use the verbs in an appropriate tense Present Continuous or Present Simple..
Ex. 5. Use Present Continuous or Present Simple in the following sentences.
I. What you (to do) here now? — — We (to listen) to tape-recordings. 2. You (to want) to see my father? — Yes, I . 3. Michael (to know) German rather well. He (to want) to know English, too, but he (to have) little time for it now. 4. What magazine you (to read)? — — It (to be) a French magazine. There (to be) good articles on sports here. You (to be) interested in sports? — — Yes, I . But I (not to know) French. 5. We (to have) an English lesson now. 6. Lena usually (to prepare) her homework at the institute? — — No, she . . As a rule, she (to work) at home. — And what she (to write) now? — Oh, she (to write) an article for our wall newspaper. 7. Who that man (to be) who (to stand) in the doorway? — — You (not to recognize) him? It (to be) John, my cousin. 8. I (to have) no time now, I (to have) dinner. 9. Your family (to leave) St. Petersburg in summer? — Yes, we always (to go) to the sea-side. We all (to like) the sea. Mother (to stay) with us to the end of August, but father (to return) much earlier. 10. Where Tom and Nick (to be) now? — They (to have) a smoke in the garden.
Ex. 6. Use Present Continuous or Present Simple in the following sentences.
1. It (to take) me forty minutes to get to school. 2. Hello, Pete, where you (to go)? — I (to hurry) to school. 3. When your lessons (to begin) on Monday? — They (to begin) at nine o’clock. 4. Where your sister (to be)? — She (to do) her homework in the next room. 5. It usually (to take) me an hour to do my written exercises. 6. Where Boris (to be)? I (to look) for him. — — He (to have) dinner. 7. In the evening I often (to go) to see my friends. 8. On Sunday we sometimes (to go) to the cinema or to a disco club. 9. Andrew (to get) up very early as he (to live) far from school, He (to be) never late. 10. It (to be) six o’clock in the evening now. Victor (to do) his homework. His sister (to read) a book. His mother and grandmother (to talk). 11. I (to write) a letter to my grandmother who (to live) in Novgorod. I (to write) to her very often.
Ex. 7. Use the verbs in an appropriate tense Present Continuous or Present Simple.
One Sunday Agnes and her mother went to the zoo. Agnes was very excited. She was interested in everything she saw. «Mother, look,» she said. «There (to be) a monkey in this cage. It (to eat) an apple. Now it (to give) a bite to another monkey. I (to think) monkeys (to like) apples very much.» «Yes, dear,» said her mother. «Now I (to want) to go and see the lions and tigers. Where they (to live), mother?» «In that big house over there. Come along.» Agnes enjoyed herself very much in the lion house. «Mother,» she said, «the tiger (to want) a drink: it (to go) to the dish of water there in the corner. And the lion (to look) right at me. You (to think) it (to want) to eat me up? When the lions and tigers (to have) their dinner, mother?» «The keepers (to bring) them great pieces of meat every day at four o’clock. And they (to make) a big noise before their dinner time, so everybody (to know) they (to be) hungry.»